Thursday, September 29, 2016

Tougher Techniques To Try Today

Hopefully after last week, you are now completely pumped up to start reaping the benefits of lucid dreaming! Most people at this stage in the game still lack a successful data point of lucid dreaming. This is completely normal! In fact, its extremely rare to pick up the ability in less than a few months. This is just a positive reminder that you're not doing anything wrong, and that these skills simply require time to master. In this week’s update, I will be sharing some alternate, albeit slightly more difficult, techniques to achieve your goal that may assist a few readers.

Alternate Technique #1: Sound Wave Stimulation
Basically, this process simply involves queuing up a soundtrack before bed. Sounds easy enough right? Well, perhaps. Several alpha wave lucid dreaming stimulation musical tracks exist out there, and many of them are expensive. In my experience, I have utilized several YouTube mixes to listen to while I sleep. They all work about the same.


Alpha sound waves supposedly help relax the mind to enter a deeper level of sleep more efficiently, and then wake the unconscious mind during slumber so one can begin to lucid dream. Personally, I have had mixed results with this process in the past, but I did tend to have more lucid dreams when I utilized this method (perhaps only because I am thinking about the act of lucid dreaming more when preparing this technique).

Alternate Technique #2: Delayed Focus
If you can wake up and fall back asleep easily during the nighttime, this may be the technique for you! To use this method, set an alarm clock for around the middle of the night. When you are awoken sometime between 2 am and 3 am, consciously think to yourself: I am about to dream. I am going to dream. As you return to catch some z’s, stay focused on the idea that you want to consciously observe your dream. If you successfully stay rooted in reality as you fall back asleep, you will enter a lucid dreaming state. Besides having the motivation to wake up in the middle of the night, remembering why you woke up in the first place can make this trick very hard. To help fix this issue, I suggest writing a reminder note and taping it to the alarm clock you use to wake up.

Remember - this blog does absolutely nothing unless you practice and give your training time. It is fine to be frustrated when you wake up, as long as you don't give up! I am excited to hear about your successes and failure this week. Next week, Im going to talk about how and why using a dream journal in addition to these techniques can be extremely helpful. Recording your own dreams can lead to discoveries that change the lives of people around you. Good luck!

Image Credits (in order of appearance)
Image provided by Tess Watson
Image provided by Daniel Novta

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you talked about the techniques of helping with lucid dreaming. I haven't attempted lucid dreaming yet, but I really need to try. Thank you for all of your knowledge on this subject, and your interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great way to enjoy your sleep even more! I plan to teach different techniques and how its helped in my life! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete